Welcome To Bodylight
Bodylight® is a boutique Pilates studio situated in Mission Bay, Auckland. The studio has been in the Orakei-Mission Bay area for over 16 years and have a strong local clientele and feel.
The studio is equipped with all the Pilates Equipment including: Pilates Reformers, Pilates Trapeze tables, Wunda-chairs, Ladder barrel and many other props.
Edna Levy has been teaching pilates, yoga and dance in Auckland since 1998 and has developed the Bodylight® method, which incorporates Pilates Yoga and Qi-Gong, to enhance mind-body awareness and help create a centered, mindful body.
Bodylight® offer teachers training courses since 2004. More information
The studio is currently open from 6:30am – 7:30pm during the week and 8:00am – 12:00 on Saturdays.
Pilates Yoga and Qi-Gong Classes
Classes are available in Yoga, Pilates, Qi gong, Mindfulness and any combination of the above, to suit individual needs. Read more
The Bodylight® offerings include Yoga, Pilates and Qi-gong methods, woven into one Bodylight flowing session, or taught separately to suit your needs:
- Private session – a private and personal tailored programme to suit individual’s needs and goals
- Duet / Semi-private sessions for two people to share whether friends or couples
- Small Group – studio sessions (3-6 people – Pilates Equipment, Mat & Props)
- Mat classes – up to 12 people, mat and small props
- Kids and Teens Yoga and Pilates Classes
- Pregnancy classes – pre and post natal classes for women, couples, mums with bubs
- Adults general fitness, maintenance and mind-body awareness classes
- Special needs children
- Parent and child classes
- Rehabilitation – injuries, chronic conditions,pre and post-surgery
- Senior population, a specialised class for the elderly
- Bodylight Treatment – deeply relaxing fusion of Shiatsu, Reflexology, Thai Yoga Massage, Pressure points and Reiki.
- Mindfulness courses
- Pilates Teachers Training courses
- Workshops and Retreats
“We have been going to Edna Levy’s Bodylight Studio in for nearly 4 years now.
With busy lives and other activities to occupy our time, we did not think that Pilates/Yoga was for us – however one session with Edna in her “Oasis of Calm’ did the trick and we are now hooked.
Each session, in the fully equipped studio, is never the same and Edna tailors the exercises to suit each person in the group.
It is with pleasure that we recommend Edna and her Bodylight Studio. “ -Jan, Leigh and Jan
Just wanted to send you a message of Gratitude….my body feels fabulous today. Each and every session it feels better and better to be in my vessel. Such a nice feeling to dance in joy again.” – Teresa
“My physiotherapist suggested Pilates to strengthen back muscles and I found that Edna puts you at ease straight away with her pleasant warm manner. The exercises are tailored to your needs, and I found after 2 courses of one to one sessions that my core muscle strength had improved immensely. I have continued with group sessions that are a very enjoyable way to keep muscles strong & toned.
The caring, friendly atmosphere at Bodylight studio is great and both body and mind benefit.” –Judy
“Change happens through movement and movement heals”